Optional Services Offered During COVID-19
To our valued Clients and Patients of Gruda Veterinary Hospital:
With the rapid developments related to COVID-19 and the concerns people everywhere share over its spread, it’s important that we all work together to prevent and help slow down the virus as quickly as possible. We want you to know that we consider you a part of Gruda Veterinary Hospital, and that we care about our team and your health and safety above all else. We will be implementing and offering the following services for the health and safety of our team members, patients and clients:
If you are sick or have traveled to areas that are high risk, had any exposure to symptomatic or confirmed positive cases, or confirmed positive please do not enter the hospital. We have taken the steps to ensure that we can still care for your pets during this time. We recommend that if this is a non-urgent appointment such as an annual checkup that you should wait to schedule until your physician and your public health official believes you no longer present a risk of transmitting your infection to other people.
We have placed a table in our entrance area of hand sanitizer and a lovely plant. We do ask that you sanitize your hands before entering the lobby.
While we love you all so very much we will not be hugging, or shaking hands with you, and instead we will be actively practicing social distancing etiquette.
We are doing everything recommended to keep our hospital well sanitized and our team healthy. If you are concerned about coming into our hospital we will be offering the following options for patients:
For appointments and surgery drop offs we are offering the following services:
- You may wait in your car till we have an exam room available. Please call the hospital once you have arrived to let us know you are here. Once we have an exam room available our team will escort you and your pet into an exam room if you prefer to not wait in our lobby.
- You may wait in your vehicle while our doctors and team examine your pet. If further diagnostics or medications are needed we will inform you. Once the visit is complete our team will call you to process payment and your pet and medications will be taken back out to your vehicle with go home instructions.
- You may also drop off your pet for care. Call the hospital upon arrival and we will send a team member out to your car to discuss history and concerns for the visit.
- For surgery drop offs, we can have a team member go out to your vehicle, review the procedure, consent form, and any questions you may have. We will be in contact with you as normal after the procedure/ surgery is done.
- For picking up patients we will be offering the same as well. Please call once you have arrived; our team will process payment over the telephone and a team member will review all go home instructions and take you your pet.
- If your pet is in need of a prescription refill we ask that you call in the request as normal. We are offering to our clients the option of either coming into the hospital or we can take the prescription out to your vehicle. If you would like one of our team members to take the medication out to your vehicle, we ask that once you arrive to the hospital please call into our front office. Our team will collect payment information over the phone, process and take the medication and receipt out to your vehicle once processed. We will also do the same for food pickup. You can also visit our store on www.grudavet.com to place a food order that will be delivered directly to your front door. Turnaround time is approximately 7 business days so please allow adequate time.
The health, safety and well-being of our Team Members, Patients and Clients are our number one priority. We will continue to follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, including the CDC and the World Health Organization.
We thank you for your understanding during this time.
Robert A. Gruda, DVM
And all the Team at
Gruda Veterinary Hospital